2012 Food Events Competition at JWU, Thematic Table Setting Event
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation. STAR Events offer individual skill development and application of learning through the following activities:
- cooperative – teams work to accomplish specific goals
- individualized – an individual member works alone to accomplish specific goals
- competitive – individual or team performance measured by an established set of criteria.
In addition to the 26 National STAR Events, Colorado is pleased to offer the following State Events and Food Events:
2012-13 State Events
- Fashion Stylist
- Get The Word Out
- Habitat for Humanity Interior Design - Design Scenario - Floor Plan Print w/o scale
2011-12 Food Events (open to occupational members only)
Culinary Arts STAR Event – is a National Event offered at the CO JWU Food Events Competition. For the specific guidelines - http://fcclainc.org/assets/files/culinary_arts.pdf
- Baking and Pastry
- Front of the House
- Gourmet Food Presentation-Savory
- Gourmet Food Presentation-Sweet
- Knife Skills
- Thematic Table Setting
To find the Colorado Rules for competitive event participation, number of entries per chapter and the Guidelines for Colorado-only events click here.
Contact Robert Van Dyke, 720-858-2330.