2015 State Leaderhship Conference
STAR Events (Students Taking Action with Recognition) are competitive events in which members are recognized for proficiency and achievement in chapter and individual projects, leadership skills, and career preparation. STAR Events offer individual skill development and application of learning through the following activities:
- cooperative – teams work to accomplish specific goals
- individualized – an individual member works alone to accomplish specific goals
- competitive – individual or team performance measured by an established set of criteria
Please be advised that the Food Events and State Conference have been combined.
In addition to the National STAR Events, Colorado is pleased to offer the following State Events:
2014-15 State Events
- Baking and Pastry
- Cake Design
- Fashion Stylist
- Front of the House
- Get The Word Out
- Gourmet Food Presentation-Savory
- Gourmet Food Presentation-Sweet
- Habitat for Humanity Interior Design
- Knife Skills
- Thematic Table Setting
To find the Colorado Rules for competitive event participation, number of entries per chapter and the Guidelines for Colorado-only events click here.
Contact Robert Van Dyke, 720-858-2330.